Things that happened to me in 2016; the good, the bad and the ugly.
* I made a New Years resolution to lose weight and become fitter; so far I've lost 2 stone.
* I created art. Infrequently. But still created it.
* I bought a Fitbit.
* I reconnected with my birthday twinsie arrsistable
- who I am so so so so grateful for, every day ♥️
* I was called a cunt, a whore and a bitch by a work colleague and then blamed for their outburst and cautioned by management.
* I relapsed and I cut myself again.
* I worked for the company for another 3 months after the outburst before my anxiety and depression really took its toll.
* I wrote a suicide note. I ripped it up and burnt it.
* I had a "confidential" conversation with another colleague at work about my anxiety, the stress induced office environment & the colleague who verbally abused me and got away with it. She decided to tell management who decided to cautioned me again - it would go on my permanent record.
* I wrote a 2nd suicide note. I planned my suicide.
* I planned to get hit by a train.
* I handed in my notice.
* I left 2 days later.
* I ripped up the 2nd suicide note.
* I took part in GISHWHES for the 4th year running! We didn't win, we never do. It doesn't matter, I had fun!
* My ex girlfriend told me she was pregnant.
* I applied for 300+ jobs, I got 3-4 interviews.
* I went to Belfast.
* I photographed things, people, night skies and horses. Lots and lots of horses.
* I met new people who loved my fan art and so I created more and more and more. It's a bit of an obsession.
* I created art on my phone; it was difficult but I persevered. I conquered.
* I got on a plane and flew to Australia.
* I rode a horse on the beach in Tasmania!!
* I met the stunningly gorgeous fillyrox
and her equally beautiful (think I have a mini crush!) fellow Aussie Chunga-Stock
* We travelled, and I fell in love with my life again.
* I got to hold a wombat. I fell in love with a wombat. I wanted to take the wombat home. (I wasn't allowed)
* I successfully photographed (multiple photos) of the Milky Way at the Twelve Apostles in Australia.
* Seeing the Milky Way with my bare eyes not on one occasion but twice! Was incredible. ♥️
* I met up with alais-photography
in her home city (Sydney). And it was time very very well spent!
* I flew home and had the WHOLE row of my seat section free on BOTH flights aboard Qantas A380 - fucking bliss! 💋
* I had loads of interviews. I had no job offers.
* I burnt a bridge and buried a hatchet.
* I bought Wilson some agility jumps. Turns out we suck at it.
* I got hooked on Supergirl.
* I'm crushing Chyler Leigh. (No shame!)
* I started working for a charity Christmas card shop in my local vicinity.
* This didn't make me feel Christmassy.
* I went to a Christmas Fair in Winchester.
* I'd never been to Winchester.
* I had an interview.
* I had a 2nd interview.
* I was offered the job. I start in January 2017.
* I did 35,789 steps in one single day.
* I photographed Autumn.
* I fell in love with peonies.
* I listened to children scream in the library for 14hrs straight. I decided that I never want children.
* I was invited to a Christmas party of my future employers. I went, I rocked the 50s style dress I was wearing.
* I bought and wore fucking gorgeous red stilettos. 👠
* Christmas came and went. I didn't feel Christmassy.
* My ex girlfriend had her baby.
* My brother came home from Singapore.
* I drive to Cardiff today for NEW YEARS EVE.
* I start my new job on the 3rd January 2017.
* Goodbye 2016. Hello 2017.
The point of me writing this was to truly say goodbye to the last year and to start this new year fresh. I'm not proud of what I had to do to get through this last year, especially the beginning of it. But I am proud that I'm still alive because of all the happy things that happened afterwards.
Here's to 2017!
Happy New Years! ♥️